Editor for Digital Tourism Business Programme, horizon scanning and innovation forum website
Information communication technologies (ICT) have brought about great change to the way potential visitors search for and book holidays. There have also been changes to how people, access information about holiday destinations during their stay, and provide feedback and reviews about their experience.
The Digital Tourism Business Framework Project will assist tourism businesses and supporting organisations to adopt new technologies. This will enable them to meet and exceed visitor expectations and become more competitive in the market place as a result. The support available will include:
ICT diagnostics and assessments;
Workshops, training and seminars to assist with technological development;
Development of digital communities and innovative pilots;
Sharing of knowledge and content.
As a result of this programme, the tourism industry in Wales will be better equipped, through the emerging use of collaborative ICT, to generate, share and distribute tourism content. They will be able to provide potential visitors with the information they require to make a decision and visit Wales. This will result in performance gains and enhanced competitiveness through innovative communities, projects, ICT awareness and maturity
The vision of the programme is that by end of 2014 Wales’ tourism industry will have moved from relative E business immaturity firmly into the digital age.
2. Aim and Objectives
The editor role provides appropriate specialist knowledge to the Digital Tourism Business Framework Programme website, appropriate editorial copy (online and offline) and associated materials and imagery to the website.
Specifically this requires the provision of the following;
Product area – Horizon Scanning and Tourism.
Scope of Work – The work will involve the creation, collation and updating of content on the Digital Tourism Business Framework Programme website, and the subsidiaries being the Horizon Scanning Wiki, and appropriate involvement with the Innovation Forum.
This will include:
• The collation of Technology and Tourism related news, events, stories, images and other media.
• Writing of content for news, events, Wiki and forum sections
• Ensuring the Digital Tourism Business Framework Programme Wiki and external links are working and up to date
• Replying to specific Technology and Tourism related emails that are sent by the website users to the site’s email address.
• Expanding the site by adding new pages and content where necessary
• Working closely with the Digital Tourism Business Framework Programme Innovation Forum to ensure the funded projects are featured & marketed appropriately.
The Welsh Assembly Government, on behalf of the Welsh Ministers, will be conducting this If the process is being let using the e-procurement process the following wording should be added (If not this and all references to bravo solutions should be deleted): procurement exercise through the etenderwales portal https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk. Tender documents and other information must be downloaded from and returned through this portal. If you require any further assistance the BravoSolution helpdesk is available on:
Email: email@example.com Phone: 0800 3684850 / Fax: 020 7060 0480
Full information in accessing the portal is found in Section VI.3.
Classification of contract (CPV codes)
48000000 – Software package and information systems.
63000000 – Supporting and auxiliary transport services. travel agencies services.
64000000 – Postal and telecommunications services.
72000000 – IT services – consulting, software development, Internet and support.
73000000 – Research and development services and related consultancy services.
SECTION IV: Administrative Information
– Go to https://etenderwales.bravosolution.co.uk
– The first person from your Organisation to use the Platform will be required to register on behalf of the Organisation.
– Registration involves accepting a User Agreement, and providing basic information about your Organisation and about the User performing the Registration.
– The User who performs the Registration becomes the Super User for the Organisation.
– On registering on the Platform the Super User will select a Username and will receive a password.
– The Password will be sent by e-mail to the email address that was specified in the User Details section of the Registration page.
– In order to log-in to the Platform please enter your Username and Password.
– Note: If you forget your Password then visit the homepage and click “Forgot your password?”
– Registration should only be performed once for each Organisation.
– If you think that someone in your Organisation may have already registered on this Platform then you must not register again.
– Please contact the person who Registered (i.e. the Super User) in order to arrange access to the Platform.
– Contact the Helpdesk immediately if you are unable to contact the Super User (for example if they have left your Organisation).
– Note: If your Organisation is already registered on the Platform then you must not make any additional registration. Please contact the Helpdesk to gain access to the Platform.
– Tenders must be uploaded to the BravoSolution portal by 2pm
HOW TO FIND THE PQQ:
– Once logged in you must click on ‘PQQs Open to all Suppliers’
– The etender references for this contract are: Project_21905 and PQQ30225 Click on the title to access summary details of the contract. If you are still interested in expressing an interest, click the ‘Express an Interest button’. This will move the PQQ from the ‘Open to all Suppliers’ area to the ‘My PQQ’s’ on the home page.
– You will then see the full details of the PQQ in the qualification and technical envelopes along with any relevant documents in the ‘Attachments’ area.
– Should you have any questions on the PQQ, please use the ‘Messages’ area to contact the buyer directly – Please do not contact the named person at the top of this notice.