Website Maintenance Tender
The Department of the Environment (DOE) Air and Environmental Quality Unit (AEQU) invites proposals for the maintenance of the Northern Ireland Air Quality Archive and Website. The contract will run for 3 years with provision to extend for a further 2 years if necessary.
United Kingdom-Belfast: Computer-related services
Section I: Contracting authority
Department of the Environment Northern Ireland
6th Floor, Goodwood House, 44-58 May Street, Town Parks
For the attention of: Claire Speers
BT1 4NN Belfast
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 7: Computer and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Belfast.
NUTS code UKN
72500000, 90710000, 90720000, 90740000, 90730000
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: As detailed in the Tender Documents.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: As detailed in the Tender Documents.
As detailed in the Tender Documents
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Selection Criteria 1 [SC01] – Key Delivery Personnel
The Tenderer must clearly identify each of the personnel responsible for delivering this project and details of their relevant third level educational qualifications. The subject areas deemed as relevant are:
1. Physical and Natural Sciences,
3. Applied or Environmental Sciences,
4. Environmental Management,
5. Information Technology, and;
6. Computing or a related IT discipline.
The successful tenderer may be requested to provide certificates throughout the course of the contract.
In addition: the contractor must clearly identify each member of their team responsible for delivering on the following project roles:
1. An Information Technology Practitioner – the member of the team nominated to deliver on this role must provide details of 2 projects within the last 3 years of having successfully completed a project which involved website design and maintenance as well as data management.
2. A Scientific Practitioner – the member of the team nominated to deliver on this role must provide details of 2 projects in the last 3 years of having successfully completed a project that involved working with European or UK Air Quality information datasets.
3. A Scientific Practitioner – the member of the team nominated to deliver on this role must provide details of 2 projects in the last 3 years of having successfully completed a project that involved assessing compliance with or providing technical advice on or assisting with the reporting of monitoring data in relation to European or UK Air Quality policy and legislation.
Selection Criteria 2 [SC02] – Programme Director Experience
(A) The nominated Programme Director must provide details of 2 projects that were successfully completed in the last 3 years that demonstrate clear evidence of:-
Project management of large scale air quality databases and websites including:-
— Website design and maintenance,
— Database management, including;
– Establishing and maintaining a database linked to live data feeds from multiple data providers,
– Interface of website with database, including real time presentation of data feeds, and;
– Data quality control.
(B) 2 projects completed within the last 3 years which required a solid understanding of European and UK Air Quality policy and legislation.
Important Note to Tenderers:
The examples used must have been completed within the last 3 years. Tenderers should note that ‘within the last 3 years’ refers to within 3 years from the closing date of this tender competition.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender: 1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once): Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender~: 1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once): https://e-sourcingni.bravosolution.co.uk and click the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’ – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete – You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure) 2. Express an Interest in the tender – Login to the portal with the username/password – Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) – Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content. – Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page. – This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) -You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’ box 3. Responding to the tender – Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining) – You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification – Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT – There may be a mixture of online & offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available) You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
The Public Contracts Regulations 2006 (SI 2006 No 5) provide for aggrieved parties who have been harmed or are at risk of harm by a breach of the rules to take action in the High Court (England, Wales and Northern Ireland).
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:23.4.2014