West Lothian Council Telecare Maintenance and Associated Works
Provision of services to maintain and support the current and future telecare infrastructure in operation in West Lothian.
United Kingdom-Livingston: Miscellaneous medical devices and products
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
West Lothian Council
West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road
Contact point(s): Corporate Procurement Unit
For the attention of: Mark Duignan
EH54 6FF Livingston
Telephone: +44 1506281814
Fax: +44 1506281325
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.westlothian.gov.uk/article/2468/Contract-Opportunities
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00140
Electronic access to information: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: West Lothian.
NUTS code UKM28
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Note: The buyer is using PCS-Tender to carry out this procurement process. Please note this is a separate website and if you are not already registered, registration will be required.
To access PCS-Tender, record your interest in this notice and access the tender documentation please visithttps://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk and search for project Code project_2805 under PQQs Open to All Suppliers or ITTs Open to All Suppliers as appropriate. Please use the Search/Filter function, then select Project Code from the drop-down. Please note that once you have expressed interest in the PQQ/ITT it will move to your My PQQs/My ITTs area.
For further information on using PCS-Tender, please read the Supplier Response Guide:https://www.publictendersscotland.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/esop/pts-host/public/pts/supplierhelppage/PCS-TSupplierResponseGuide.pdf
If you have already registered on Public Contracts Scotland and PCS-Tender and paired your accounts you can access PCS-Tender through your Public Contracts Scotland Control Panel.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
33190000, 38431200, 33196200, 85000000, 64200000, 72000000, 44482000
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: One x 1 year extension option.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 36 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Number of possible renewals: 1
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
Description of particular conditions: The Provider should be registered with the Telecare Services Association, or *equivalent, and shall comply with British Standards Specification and Code of Practice issued by the British Standards Institution or particular industry standards or any equivalent standards in force at the time of delivery.
*the bidder is required to provide clear evidence for membership of any equivalent association being fully compliant with the service standards established by the Telecare Services Association.
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
In the event that a bidder is not required to publish accounts and therefore does not have a Dun & Bradstreet or equivalent rating, they should attach financial accounts for the last three years at Question 1.11.2 of the Qualification Envelope. The Council will then conduct an analysis of the accounts to ensure that there is no significant financial risk.
It is recommended that bidders review their own Dun & Bradstreet Score in advance of submitting their tender. If following this review bidders consider that the Dun & Bradstreet Score does not reflect their current financial status, details of this should be attached at Question 1.11.4 of the Qualification Envelope within the Tender Submission, complete with evidence of a good high street credit rating (the equivalent of Dun & Bradstreet score 35) from a recognised credit referencing agency. The council will review any such information as part of the evaluation of bidders’ financial status.
In the event that a firm does not meet the financial criteria for consideration but has a parent company that does, the firm may still be eligible for consideration where their Tender Submission is supported by a Parent Company Guarantee which should be attached at Question 1.11.4 of the Qualification Envelope.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided;
(3) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(4) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(5) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract;
(6) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
Prior information notice
Notice number in the OJEU: 2014/S 152-273266 of 9.8.2014
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 25.11.2014 – 12:00
West Lothian Civic Centre, Livingston.
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: The requirement will be reviewed and may be re-tendered prior to expiry of the contract.
Expressions of interested are invited from suitably qualified and experienced organisations with a track record of successfully providing outcome focussed telecare maintenance services.
The tender will include telecare and systems maintenance cover and the provision of daily and specialist work days.
Equipment to be supported but will not be limited to)the following:
Telecare (non-hard wired) base units; personal alarm trigger devices; wall mounted alarm triggers; alert devices/pagers;
personal care (health) movement detectors and sensors; and environmental devices.
The planned commencement date is 1.4.2015 and the duration of contract is planned to be 3 years with an option to extend for a fourth year at the discretion of the Authority.
Established in 2001, West Lothian’s Home Safety Service provides telecare equipment to give increased safety and security for disabled, elderly and vulnerable people in over 4 500 homes. This equipment provides a 24 hour telephone line between the service user and our alarm receiving centre — Careline.
Telecare equipment and alarm systems have also been installed in care homes, housing with care and sheltered housing units across West Lothian.
We now require to establish one contract to ensure that this equipment and infrastructure is maintained and supported appropriately.
Telecare equipment installed may include (but not be limited) to the following: (non-hard wired) base units; personal alarm trigger devices; wall mounted alarm triggers; alert devices/pagers; personal care (health) movement detectors and sensors; and environmental devices. Telecare equipment has been procured from the Scotland Excel Framework — No. 0211; Telecare equipment and associated services.
The contractor will be required to provide service delivery in partnership with WL CHCP and not only be responsible for maintenance but also for delivery, socket work, fit, installation, testing, adjusting, repair/refurbishing, decontaminating, recycling and or disposal of telecare equipment and alarm systems. This service will be fundamental in developing our approach to telecare provision whilst ensuring appropriate provision at the right time and leading in innovative practice which includes service delivery and equipment.
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
West Lothian Council
West Lothian Civic Centre
EH54 6FF Livingston
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
West Lothian Council
West Lothian Civic Centre
EH54 6FF Livingston
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: