Wiltshire young carers service
- Wiltshire Council invites expressions of interest from suitably experienced and qualified service providers capable of providing a high quality service for young carers living in Wiltshire or at school in Wiltshire, aged 5-18 years (up to 25 years for the transitions part of the service). The service will need to operate across the whole of Wiltshire.
- Wiltshire Council
- 253 Wiltshire young carers service
- FOR THE PROVISION OF YOUNG CARER’S SERVICES
Wiltshire Council invites expressions of interest from suitably experienced and qualified service providers capable of providing a high quality service for young carers living in Wiltshire or at school in Wiltshire, aged 5-18 years (up to 25 years for the transitions part of the service). The service will need to operate across the whole of Wiltshire.
We want to improve the lives of young carers and their families by:
· Identifying and significantly reducing the numbers of children and young people who are undertaking inappropriate and harmful caring roles.
· Reducing the incidence of families who rely on the care of a child for their unmet care needs because we know that this impacts negatively on children’s emotional and physical well-being.
· Ensuring that every young carer achieves their full potential.
The successful tenderer will provide young carer’s services in the following areas:
1. Mentoring: providing 1 to 1 mentoring and befriending / peer support for young carers who need more support and help with individual issues, and help young carers to access mainstream activities within their local community.
2. Breaks and activities: providing breaks and activities which give children and young people a break from their caring role and a chance to meet other children and young people in the same situation as themselves.
3. Counselling: providing emotional support for young carers e.g. specialist counselling, bereavement counselling, 1 to 1 and/or group support, guidance and assistance with issues such as self-esteem, confidence, assertiveness, bullying, anxiety and stress.
4. Transitions: transition support and arrangements for children moving from primary to secondary school, working closely with schools; for young people moving from secondary school into further education, employment or training; and support for young people aged between 15-18 years to access adult carer support services, and up to 25 years collaboratively with Carers Support Wiltshire
5. Advocacy: Timely, accessible and professional advocacy support for young carers to ensure they have their views heard and respected by adults that are making decisions about them.
Wiltshire Council firmly believes in listening to the voice of the user and shaping services to meet need. As part of this, any successful organisation will need to provide evidence of how they will take on board the views of their service users and enable young carers to influence how the service is developed and delivered within the contract period.
The indicative value of the contract will be around £160,000 annually. The contract will be for a 2 year period starting 1st July 2013 and with an option to extend by up to 2 years. Any extension would be subject to acceptable performance and funding review on an annual basis.
Expressions of interest need to be made via the Council’s E-Procurement portal ( www.supplyingthesouthwest.org.uk ) no later than 12 midday on 22 November 2012. Organisations are able to register with this portal for free. The tender process will be carried out through the online portal and bidders will be required to submit bids via the portal. Please contact Karen Walters, Senior Commissioning and Contracts Officer (Carers), Communities and Voluntary Sector Support Team, Wiltshire Council, Library HQ, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8BS or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org should you experience any difficulties in accessing this portal.
Tender packs will be available from 22 November 2012.
- Ms Karen Walters
- Email Address:
- 01225 712716
- Shurnhold Melksham
- 01/11/2012 08:00
- 22/11/2012 12:00
- Estimated Value (£):
- 24 (months)
- 12 (months)