Work Programme Monmouthshire Delivery
Working Links.Procurer reference: CPA13 – M2012
Note: The publishers of this notice request that you respond using the following method:
Classification of subcontract opportunity (CPV codes)
73200000 – Research and development consultancy services.
80400000 – Adult and other education services.
80500000 – Training services.
98000000 – Other community, social and personal services.
79610000 – Placement services of personnel.
Since 2000 Working Links has helped over 160,000 people to change their lives by supporting them into sustainable employment. We work in some of the most deprived areas of Great Britain to address the challenges faced by long-term unemployed people.
We are a public, private and voluntary company, bringing together private sector drive, public sector ethos and voluntary sector ethics.
Our public sector share is managed by the government’s Shareholder Executive on behalf of the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions. Our private sector shareholders are Manpower and Capgemini, and our voluntary sector share is owned by Mission Australia.
Since 2006 our turnover has grown from £63m to £123m, and we now employ over 2,000 people.
The Work Programme
The Coalition Agreement set out a number of major welfare to work reforms, including a core integrated welfare to work programme plus a number of additional measures, designed to support people in finding employment. These measures will contribute to the overall aims of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) which are:
• help and support people who are out of work to move into work;
• encourage responsibility and fairness by simplifying the welfare system so that
• work always pays;
• recognise work as the primary sustainable route out of poverty and reduce the number of children in workless households;
• tackle pensioner poverty by providing decent State Pensions and encourage employers to provide high quality pensions for all employees;
• ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities as able-bodied people to succeed in life and fully participate in society;
• and work with communities and partners to deliver excellent service to the DWP’s 20 million customers.
On 25 November 2010, DWP announced successful bidders for the Framework for the Provision of Employment Related Support Services (thereafter referred to as the Framework), consisting of organisations with the capacity and expertise to deliver these services.
Working Links was successful in the competition as the Prime Contractor in the following areas: Scotland, Wales and the South West. This contract is to cover the Monmouthsire region which was previously serviced by Torfaen Training. We are anticipating a transfer of 300 customers at Go Live date with a further 350 customer referrals per year.
From Wednesday 11th April 2012, Contract Documents will be available through the Working Links website as follows: http://www.workinglinks.co.uk/work_with_us/current_opportunities.aspx