WorldView 3 Archived Satellite Data – Request for Quotation
Cefas require a quotation for WorldView 3, 30cm resolved 8-band satellite imagery to cover the attached Areas of Interest.
RFQ for Satellite Data
Defra Network eTendering Portal
- Satellite-related communications equipment – 32530000
- Data supply services – 72319000
Location of contract
Value of contract
3 February 2021
12 February 2021
Contract start date
26 February 2021
Contract end date
26 March 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Cefas (The Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science) the ‘Authority’, is an Executive Agency of the UK Government’s Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). It is an applied science agency that primarily supports government decision making whilst extending its reach across the public sector, the EU and wider markets where possible in regard to marine and closely related environments.
Cefas require a quotation for WorldView 3, 30cm resolved 8-band satellite imagery to cover the attached Areas of Interest (the islands and nearshore waters of Antigua, Barbuda and Redonda). To confirm the specifications:
– WorldView 3 (WV2 if absolutely necessary) Archived Satellite Data
– 1704 km2 total AOI (across three islands)
– 30cm resolution optimum, 50cm (max)
– Mixed use (we require both terrestrial and marine coverage) – reduced glint if possible, should marine work be undertaken with the data
– Orthorectified (1:5,000 scale ortho accuracy), level 2A (bottom of atmosphere reflectance) product
– Raw imagery to be provided
– Associated RPC files
– Less than or equal to 15 % cloud cover (optimum would be < 5%)
– As recent as possible (2020 or 2021) no seasonal specifics
– Off nadir angle of <300
– Cloud patching over Antigua to reduce the amount of clouds
- Tender Notice
- Link to eSourcing Portal
- Additional text
- Thank you for your interest in tendering for this requirement, You will need to access the documents through Bravo Solutions portal using the link provided.
If you are new to Bravo, you are required to register as a supplier:
1) Visit https://defra.bravosolution.co.uk and click the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click 'continue' – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose (usually your email address) and click 'Save' when complete – You will shortly receive an email (check spam filters if this does not arrive in a timely manner) with your unique password (please keep this secure). You can then log onto the system and change your password. Once these step are completed you can apply for any tender on Bravo using these details.
2) To read the full details or apply for a tender:
– Login to the portal with the username/password
– Click the 'PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers' link. (These are opportunities open to any registered supplier)
– Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content
– Click the 'Express Interest' button at the top of the page. (This will move the PQQ /ITT into your 'My PQQs/ My ITTs' page) within your Bravo account.
– Access the tender information by clicking 'Buyer Attachments' in the 'PQQ/ ITT Details' box 3.
3) Responding to the tender:
– Click 'My Response' under 'PQQ/ ITT Details', you can choose to 'Create Response' or to 'Decline to Respond' (please give a reason if declining)
– You can now use the 'Messages' function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification
– Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the requirements to upload a successful Tender. There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available)
– Once all information is complete, you can then submit your reply using the 'Submit Response' button at the top of the page. Please give yourself enough time to complete this before the deadline. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the e-Tendering help desk.
Please direct all questions and queries to Cefas using the message function of the portal, including any clarification questions. This is to ensure no questions are missed and that all answers can be shared with all interested suppliers at the same time.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer